Socio Legal Conditions of Tribal Labourers Working in the Unorganised Sector of Urban Area: A Study in Odisha

Vol-6 | Issue-02 | February-2021 | Published Online: 14 February 2021    PDF ( 213 KB )
DOI: https://doi.org/10.31305/rrijm.2021.v06.i02.014
Author(s)
Manoj Kumar Sadual 1; Girish Ranjan Sahoo 2

1Reader, Department of Law, Utkal University, Bhubaneswar, Odisha (India)

2Ph.D. Scholar, Department of Law, Utkal University, Bhubaneswar, Odisha (India)

Abstract

The unorganised sector of the economy in India is the largest sector in term of employment of the workforce. It consists of agriculture and such related activities as forestry, livestock and non-agriculture. India may be a dominant force in Asia’s economic process and home to the world’s largest workforce of some 700 million people. It’s estimated that only14 per cent of the workforce in India belongs to the formal sector, leaving quite 86 per cent overflow 547 million people out of 700 million within the informal sector. The scenario among the labour has been changing because the formal sector is shrinking and unable to provide employment opportunities to the growing population. The informal sector has a crucial role to play. The study is mainly focused on the socio-legal conditions of labour within the unorganized sector in the state of Odisha.

Keywords
Unorganized sector, Tribal labour, Socio-Legal conditions
Statistics
Article View: 268